Thursday, November 5, 2009

In Memory of my Dad


My father, Mauricé Pauze was a great part of my life. He passed away on October 14th, 2009 after a long battle with cancer. As a photographer himself, he inspired me to learn and perfect my craft. I remember when I was young, my dad transformed our kitchen into a darkroom. I loved to watch him process his film. He would expose the image to light for a few second and I watched with wide-eyes as the developer processed the image like magic.


Because of my father, photography has become a large part of my life. I cannot imagine going anywhere without my camera, just like my dad. My dad had a passion for photography until the end. Last summer he still had his camera in hand at our family reunion and my son's graduation party. I am forever grateful for what my dad has inspired me to do and the countless things he has done for me.


Photography lasts a lifetime and I am thankful to have photographed my father in March of this year. This image will be with me forever and reminds me of my loving father daily. I will always have fond memories of my father and his love for photography.


My father's battle with cancer has inspired me to help others deal with loss. I have started a program at the studio that provides a complimentary family session to those families who are struggling with a terminal illness. I am so grateful to have a portrait of my father before his battle took a turn for the worse.


Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary, what a blessing to have such great memories of your father!
Love,
Julie Burgmeier